Saturday 21 April 2012

Harshness

I admit, somewhat sheepishly, that I frequent sites like "sixbillionsecrets.com", and "tellingsecrets.org". I have problems with myself and also, from my problems, I take issue with the world around me.

When on these sites you come across a vast number of "lost souls", so to speak. I can't begin to tell you what kind of problems these people have. My hearts aches and goes out to these people. Stories of both men and women starving themselves, cutting themselves, trying to maintain their life after a huge loss or someone who has been raped. I'm not religious, but I must ask myself - If God does indeed exist, then how can he/she let so many people spiral into depression or such terrible situations. If intentional, why? I understand that it's a "test for us to see if we're worthy" but the logic completely isn't there for me. If a God doesn't exist, then what is it in the human condition to do this/allow this to happen to other people?

It makes you realise that people are surprisingly incredibly delicate. It makes you wonder if you've ever had a negative effect on someone's life. I'm certainly going to make sure what I say doesn't have negative repercussions on people, and hopefully from reading this post, you will too.

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment